Friday, April 18, 2014

Me & You

How I come, how I go
and leave the world
like the bird that swoops down
from the sky
into the water
and then emerges out again
leaving no trail behind
on the surface
that roars below
or the wind that blows around
felling leaves yellow and pale
from the twigs, ready for sail
that float in the air,
move on the surface
yards ahead
before they sleep
in the soil of the land
or the flowers that bloom from the buds
smile in the sun and play with the wind
in the breezy spring of the day
sing and speak
in colour and fragrance
and call the buzz of the bees
and mute butterflies bright.
The stars in the sky
look at me and smile as they say
with a twinkle in their eyes
come let us go.
Time it is, but not yours.

1 comment:

  1. Yes that's me powered by you! Free to be whatever I can feel: you have gifted me with my mysterious wings of imagination and you have opened the infinite sky for me to fly. Marvelous! Gurdeep ji, are you really an atheist?

    ReplyDelete