Saturday, July 23, 2011

Home at last


Home at last

Gurdip


The rain stopped a bit
my hasty steps
guided my way
Through puddles
And flooded drains
kicking a few pebbles
that came lose the tarmac
I hurried to my home.
The rain had stopped.
After washing the walls of the city
and filling the streets with muddy water
The clouds soon
were seen returning
Like the warriors from the field
After a field day.
Life returning to normal
The White smoke tells,
rising from the low houses and huts
gradually going up
drenched to the core
I move
up and down the city roads
I found him sitting
in front of my door
the little brown cat
with wet coat
waiting for me
As I open the door
it walks ahead and
and sits on the carpet and looks at me
it mews to say-
Honey we are home at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment