Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Beauty

Beauty has no meaning
Except in the flower
That looked beautiful
The rose that smelt sweet
The ocean that looked calm
The hills that looked awful
Love had no meaning
Except when the mother held me
Closed to her bosom
And I loved the warmth
The coarse finger the strongest thing
For me and it could do
Everything, overreaching the outreached
It could dither to stretch
And to sketch the first
Image on my palm
As the coarse finger
Tickled my fancy
To say, tis beautiful.
It is beautiful
As it moved up and down
To cull and curl up my thoughts
In the smoky rings
To join the clouds
In the sky, it is beautiful
The air that raised the wind
To carry the clouds all around
In shapes and sizes
That looked awful and awesome
It is beautiful.
The word reminds me of
All the things that I used to call

Beautiful as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment