Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Eyes of a beautiful girl

The eyes of the girl
Who joined me for a play
In the childhood one day,
Were lovely.
Pretty, I said, as you look,
Charming, I called as I stood
Close to her holding her hand
Looking not in the eyes,
But on the sand ‘
That spread far and wide
In a wide gulf
That looked more of a gap
Swallowing the sap of couraae,
I tried to utter a three letter syntax
I love you.
She said, not blushing, nor feeling shy
Stupid, this is not the time
To such things
that sound more premature
than the time
when the maturity comes of age
the heart gets to forget to throb
the day misses the sun
the night the moon
the sky the stars
air, the wind
the water that becomes more turbulent
than docile
the clouds more thunderous
the lightening more striking
I wait for the moment
When she turns to me
Again
To listen my prankish words
I love you
I love your eyes
The beauty they say
Lies in the eyes of beholder
Thanks

She says and slips through crowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment