Thursday, September 6, 2012

Believe me


Believe me
I do not have anything.
my knife is blunt
my hands weak
my legs tired
my feet sore
and I live in a fatigued world of
aches and sorrow
The sun rises on my back
when I rush through the crowds
I have no time to look up
whether it is light or dark
sun or rain
wind or storm
things have stopped mean to me
believe me
I don’t have anything
the stick I wield
in my hands
is weak and trembles
under the weight of my body
I carry it to test the ground
hard or soft
as my feet have become numb
believe me
I don’t have anything
my work
hardly gives me enough to buy
to empower my hand
to reach my mouth
believe me
You should not be frightened
not afraid of me
I wonder
Believe me
When I look at your guns
and canons
the army and armaments
dogs and goons
you carry always
believe me
I learn
how dangerous I am
how deadly
how stout and stronger
I am
believe me
my muscles begin to shake.

No comments:

Post a Comment