Thursday, September 13, 2012

TOGETHER


TOGETHER


Do you remember?
I remember too
Having seen you
Sitting in the farthest corner of the world
Under a tree
That had no leaf,
No shade
But a tree
Sitting in the sun
I saw you
Looking at the shadow
Of your hands
Trying to tuck your feet in the shade
To save your soles
From the burns
The parched earth could make
The perspiration on your brows
Was the only moisture
You could find
-How unfriendly has been the world?

I saw you whispering to winds
The words were echoed
Echoed, re-echoed
As I breathed them
The deep breath was cooling
I found my way.
There I was standing near you
Holding out hand
The hand that asked for the grasp
You eyes asked-
Could you?
The language of eyes reassured all 
and we walked into the world of loneliness.
Together!

No comments:

Post a Comment